EUSD is leveraging Rapid Identity Cloud Portal for self-service password resets, account recovery, and security questions setup. The portal can be found at portal.eusd.org.
The first and very important step each employee must take is claim their account by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Claim My Account Portal;
- Click on the "Claim My Account" button;
- Enter your EUSD email address and your unique claim code provided to you in weekly reminders or by HR/IS&T personnel;
- For existing employees who already used Google Apps but haven't claimed their account, enter your current EUSD password - don't set up a new password if you don't want to change it at that time! Proceed to step 6;
- For brand new employees who have never gone through the claim process or signed into EUSD Google Apps: set your password that satisfies all of the following requirements:
- 8 or more characters
- at least 1 upper case letter
- at least 1 lower case letter
- at least 1 numeric character
- at least 1 special character
- Set your challenge questions and answers. You will be required to pick from a collection of predefined questions - a minimum of 2 such questions is required. Then, at the very bottom, you will also need to set up at least one question of your own. Answers to security (or challenge) questions have a character count requirement - please ensure your input satisfies those requirements before submitting your choice.
A success message will display, and you will be taken to the Rapid Identity account screen. This means you have successfully claimed your account and can now use this portal to reset your password, update some personal information for the portal use, and change your challenge questions and responses.
After claiming your account if you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to portal.eusd.org and following these steps:
- Enter your username and click "Go";
- On the next screen, click the "Forgot password?" link;
- If your mobile number is recorded in the system, it will attempt to send you a text message to that phone number with a recovery code that you will then enter on the screen. If no mobile number exists, it will send the recovery code to your personal email on file. If even that is unavailable, it will take you straight to the challenge questions that you've set up. If the system indicates that it sent you an SMS (text message) but you don't receive anything within 20 seconds click the "Try another method" link. Do the same if the email option doesn't work either within the next minute and respond to your challenge questions instead;
- Upon providing the code, you will be asked to set your new password, and with that your account recovery is complete.